How to apply to live with someone in Sweden

How to apply to live with a person in Sweden planning to marry him or to have a registered partnership or cohabitation with him.

Fill in the application with your personal data and the details of the person you want to go to in Sweden. Some documents must also be attached to the application. In addition to the address, telephone number and e-mail address of the person in Sweden, you also need their national registration number (personal identification number).

You should also remember what embassy or consulate general you want to visit for the interview. You must go to the embassy or consulate in the country where you live. In the absence of a Swedish embassy or consulate in that country, you should go to the nearest neighboring country where you have a Swedish embassy or consulate and you can obtain a travel permit. If you have children under the age of 18 you will be taken with you to Sweden, you can also apply for a residence permit at the same time.

In order to apply online, you must:

  • You and the person who will move to Sweden have completed 18 years of age
  • You must have a valid email address
  • You can pay the application fee by Visa or Mastercard.
  • You can scan or photocopy the documents to be attached.
  • Documents to be attached:
  • Copies of your passport pages showing personal data, photo and signature if available, passport number, country of issue, validity period, and whether you have a permit to live in countries other than your country of origin
  • If your passport expires soon you should extend it because you will not receive a permit for longer than the validity period of your passport.

If you are not married, you should also attach:

  • A certificate of martyrdom or similar proves that you are not married.

If you have children under the age of 18, they will move with you to Sweden, you should also include:

  • Copies of the passport pages of the child showing the personal data, photo and signature, if any, passport number, country of issue and validity period, and whether the child has a permit to live in countries other than his or her country of origin
  • A birth or birth certificate showing the name of the parents
  • Consent from the other parent of the child allowing him to move to Sweden, if that parent does not move himself with you to Sweden.
  • A decision from the court in case you are the only child’s custodian or a death certificate if the other parent is deceased
  • Adoption documents if the child is adopted.

In Sweden, both child custody holders are entitled to participate in child-related decisions. The other custodian – who does not accompany you to Sweden – must therefore consent to the child’s transfer to Sweden. This consent may be a letter signed by the other custodian stating that it is agreeable to the child’s transfer.

If you are pregnant, you should also:
Pregnancy certificate
Documents should be translated into Swedish or English by a juridical translator. The document must always be attached to its original copy.

Consent is a letter signed by the parent or guardian who did not attend Sweden, stating that he agrees that your children will be granted a residence permit to stay in Sweden. Approval should include:

  • Name, date of birth and address of the parent giving his consent
  • Name and date of birth of the child to which the consent relates
  • That the parent in question agrees that the child is granted a residence permit to stay in Sweden
  • Signature of the parent who gives his consent with the written name clearly.

Power of attorney to enable someone to represent you
If you want someone else to represent you in your immigration case, you can give a proxy to that person. A power of attorney may, for example, grant a person the right to apply, to know the reasons and reasons for the decision or to appeal on behalf of the client. You must edit and sign the power of attorney
Which you will give to someone else and you should be able to present it to the Immigration Department if requested.
If you are 18 years of age or older and want a family member to represent you, you must also provide an attorney.

To give a proxy to someone else, you can use the “agency” form. This form is suitable for those applying for residence due to work, study, family reunion or visitation. 
Download Application form 

If you want to be represented by a family member located in Sweden, you must give him a proxy. If the family member in Sweden has an agency, the decision will be sent to him and he will inform you about the content of the Immigration Department’s decision. If you have not given a proxy to anyone, the Consulate General will inform you of the decision. find embassy.

Pay the fee
You must pay a fee in most cases. The fee is paid by credit card / credit card upon submission of the application. Depending on the data you fill up about yourself and the other person in your family, the application senses whether or not you should pay.
Read more 

Questionnaire to family member located in Sweden
Once the immigration department receives your application, an email will be sent to that person from your family.

It will include instructions for signing in online, access to a form with questions about your income / income, home / home, and your relationship.

This person should answer your questions within two weeks.

Book an appointment at one of the embassies or consulates

After the immigration department has processed your application and question form, we send you an email requesting that you book an appointment at the Embassy or Consulate General.

The interview
Bring with you your passport and original copies of the documents you submitted with your application. During the interview you will answer questions about your relationship with the person in Sweden. Applicant children should also accompany you to the interview.

If you receive a residence permit, you will receive a residence permit card. This card contains information about you, your fingerprints, and a picture of you. Your fingerprints and photo are stored in the card slide.

If you need a visa to travel to Sweden, you will need a residence permit card when traveling to Sweden. You will be photographed and fingerprinted during the interview.

If you do not need a visa to travel to Sweden, you can travel without a residence permit, and you will be required to obtain a residence permit card after you arrive in Sweden.

Immigration Department addresses the issue
In order for the Immigration Service to make a decision on your application, all data must be completed and all required documents attached.
This means that the processing time of the application is shorter if the request is complete from the outset, rather than gradually supplemented.

Note that in some cases, the Immigration Service may need to further verify your request, although you have provided all data and sent all the documents.

If the Immigration Service needs more documents from you

Your immigration department will contact you if you need more information or documentation from you. You do not need to contact the Immigration Service. If you have applied online and the Immigration Service has requested that you complete the application, you must complete it by e-mail. You should not send documents to the Immigration Service by regular mail. You can read more about how to complete your case in the e-mail sent by the Immigration Service to you when there is a need to send more information.

Pending the decision

The decision must be ready before you travel to Sweden. During the waiting period, you have the possibility to apply for a visa to visit Sweden temporarily. The Swedish Embassy in the country where you reside is the one who examines the visa application and is always evaluated individually. The visa requirement is that the embassy assesses that your intention is to leave Sweden when your visa expires. If you are granted a visa to visit Sweden, you will have to return to your country when it expires and stay there pending a decision in your case regarding obtaining a residence permit. You can not usually obtain a residence permit if you are in Sweden. You can only apply for a visa at the Swedish Embassy or Consulate General in the country where you are located. Other Member States representing Sweden can not accept visa applications during your waiting period. So if you do not need a visa and are waiting for a decision on a residence permit you will be able to visit Sweden temporarily.

You get the decision
When the decision is ready you will get an email. You must contact the embassy or consulate in order to obtain the decision and to make an appointment with them in order to bring the decision. You must take your passport with you upon receipt of the decision. Some embassies and consulates general send the decision with the residence permit card by post. Contact the Embassy or Consulate General for more information.

If you have assigned someone to represent you, the decision will be sent to that person. It will in turn inform you of the content of the decision.

Enter your Best email address below, submit & check your inbox now!

We respect your privacy!

Delivered by Jobs & Scholarship

Add Comment