Application fees for residence permits to live with someone in Sweden

Residence permit to live with someone in Sweden

For Adult SEK 1,500  / 164 $ 

FOR Child under 18 years of ageSEK 750 / 82 $

Your application fee will not be refunded if your application is refused.

Paying online
When you apply online, you pay the fee with a credit card in connection with the application. The same applies if you are applying to extend your permit. The card must be enabled for Internet payment. Contact your bank for more information. 

Paying at an embassy or consulate-general
If you are applying at an embassy or consulate-general, you pay the fee when you hand in your application. For more information about the fee, contact the embassy or consulate-general where you are applying, as they do not have the same fees and terms of payment as the Swedish Migration Agency.

Paying to bankgiro
If you are not applying online, you pay the fee to bankgiro number 5223-7005. The IBAN for the account is SE6912000000012810106908 and the BIC/SWIFT code is DABASESX (Danske Bank).

In the box for messages to the recipient, you write the name and surname of the person the application fee is for, as well as their personal identity number and/or case number. If you are paying the fees of several people at the same time, write the personal identity number and/or case number for each of them. Also write on the application form when and how you paid the fee.

You can only pay to bankgiro if you apply from Sweden. If you apply at an embassy or consulate-generale, you pay the fee when you hand in your application.


Not everyone who applies has to pay a fee. The exceptions are:

  • family members of EU/EEA citizens. Swedish nationals are not included in the group “EU citizens” in this context
  • EU/EEA citizens applying for residence permits
  • Swiss citizens and their family members
  • Japanese citizens.
  • husbands, wives, cohabiting partners, registered partners and unmarried children under the age of 18 who are applying for a residence permit to live with a family member who has been granted a Swedish residence permit as a refugee, persons in need of subsidiary protection or otherwise in need of protection, due to exceptionally distressing circumstances or due to particularly distressing circumstances.

Parents and siblings of children who have been granted a residence permit as refugees, who are in need of protection or have been granted a residence permit due to particularly distressing circumstances are not included in this exception and need to pay the fee.

Enter your Best email address below, submit & check your inbox now!

We respect your privacy!

Delivered by Jobs & Scholarship

Add Comment